The PDF Xpansion SDK 13 enables you to implement all current PDF/A standards (1, 2 and 3)
and all conformity levels (a, b, u)
into your applications. In contrast to PDF/A-1, files that comply with the PDF/A-2 standard may use JPG2000 compression, transparencies and layers. And they are allowed to have PDF/A files embedded. On the other hand, the PDF/A-3 standard allows embedding files of any type, not just PDF/A files. This liberalization of the standard has several implications: for example, you may now enable the users of document archiving and DMS solutions to embed the source documents into the PDF/A archive files. PDF/A-3 files may be used to carry XML files which include the billing data for e-invoicing solutions. In this way, the PDF/A-3 file holds both a visual representation of the invoice (in the PDF part of the file), and a part that may be read and processed directly by e-billing/e-invoicing (ZUGFeRD
PDF Xpansion SDK supports all types of annotations (comments) which are defined in the PDF specification, including:
- Text marks, notes, stamps, water marks
- Text box and marking, stylus, eraser, forms (lines, square, circle, etc.)
- Media- and 3D-annotations
- Forms and digital signatures
- Annexes as annotations, feedback & status displays for annotations
- Interactive tools to add all type of annotations
Generation 13 of the SDK provides several API sets with similar structure and functionality:
- Windows – applications and services written in C++ like the classic Windows x86/x64 programs
- DotNET – .NET Framework applications
- COM platform (Embarcadero environment and OLE Automation languages)
- UWP – applications for all Windows 10 devices
- Windows Store applications for Windows 8.1
Please read more about the system requirements for the applications developed with PDF Xpansion SDK.
The PDF Xpansion SDK functionality consists of three main parts:
- PDF functionality: creating and processing of PDF documents. Covert PDF documents from other formats, open, save, encode, and digitally sign PDF documents. Manage document pages, create and edit annotations, convert, merge and split files, create and process forms and much more. An especially important functionality: the creation of new documents and editing existing ones with the PDF editor. PDF/A-1, -2, -3 are supported as well.
- XPS functionality: processing of XPS documents. For the XPS format, there are many functions available as well: first of all, the conversion of XPS to PDF and vice versa. You can also change the document structure, render pages and much more.
- Viewer functionality: The viewer is a window or control (depending the development platform) that displays PDF, XPS or other documents and processes for end user activity (touchscreen, mouse and keyboard input). The viewer supports different layouts of displayed document, free zooming and several fit modes.Interactive tools for annotations and forms processing, page content editor tool are available as well.