PDF Xpansion SDK 14 released:Go to recent version
The new Generation of Developer Libraries with new Functions & Support for E-Invoicing
The PDF Xpansion SDK provides a set of APIs that you can use to create high-performance PDF/XPS-able applications and/or software solutions. It gives you wide possibilities to create and edit PDF, PDF/A or XPS documents, display and print them, convert between these two formats, export or/and import to/from other file formats. It allows you to use PDF functionality in Windows desktop (PC) applications as well as in your Windows Store / Windows Phone Store apps.Version 13.2.6
- New in Version 13
- Core Functions
- PDF Editor
- PDF Viewer
- Development Platforms
- SDK Structure
- View and print eBook files (EPUB, MOBI, FB2)
- eBooks (EPUB, MOBI, FB2) can be converted to PDF
- Undo operation for content editor and mostly used PDF functions
Further improved functionality of:
- Conversion of HTML files and web pages to PDF
- The conversion of Word and Excel files to PDF
- Processing of PDF forms
- Rendering (displaying and printing) of PDF documents
- Support of Windows 10 and of UWP (Universal Windows Platform) for applications for all Windows 10 devices
- – API: comprehensive validation of incoming ZUGFeRD files (electronic invoices), read structured und unstructured invoice data, display and / or print PDF part of invoice in viewer, save outgoing invoices as ZUGFeRD compliant files (including conversion of visual part of invoice to PDF/A-3 format and invoice data to embedded XML attachment). Support of all ZUGFeRD profiles: Basic, Comfort, Extended.)
- Fully adequate Page Content Editor Tool in PDF viewer: enables end user to edit content of pages
- Conversion from/to several formats: XPS/OXPS, TXT, raster images, SVG, EMF, HTML, MathML, DOCX
- Support of nearly all world languages
- Display and process dynamic forms (XFA format) for applications created with C++ and .NET: preview in viewer (without filling possibility), printing.
- Usage of API for access to form data (read & fill)
- Create new page content in PDF-files
- Determine page content, texts, images or vectors for free editing
- Create and edit form fields
- Site Management: enlarge the site, rotate, add, delete etc.
- Split or merge documents, arrange the sites or the content
- Structuring of documents, levels, embedded files, meta data, tagged PDF, article (sections), portfolio
- Basic Functionality: render, display & print pages, zoom, navigation, display modes etc.
- Search in documents, including advanced search
- Links, bookmarks (table of contents, structure), named destinations
- Interactive end user tools, magnifier and snapshot; Tracker tool (including insertion of notes, stamps, water marks); rectangle tool (insertion of fields, hyperlinks etc.), text selection and text marking, text boxes, stylus, eraser, vector forms
- Management of PDF annotations
- Dynamic notes: text-mark up, annotations, stylus, forms
- Fill in and save forms
- Digital signatures: validate, sign, timestamp
- Text marks, notes, stamps, water marks
- Text box and marking, stylus, eraser, forms (lines, square, circle, etc.)
- Media- and 3D-annotations
- Forms and digital signatures
- Annexes as annotations, feedback & status displays for annotations
- Interactive tools to add all type of annotations
- Windows – applications and services written in C++ like the classic Windows x86/x64 programs
- DotNET – .NET Framework applications
- COM platform (Embarcadero environment and OLE Automation languages)
- UWP – applications for all Windows 10 devices
- Windows Store applications for Windows 8.1
Please read more about the system requirements for the applications developed with PDF Xpansion SDK.
- PDF functionality: creating and processing of PDF documents. Covert PDF documents from other formats, open, save, encode, and digitally sign PDF documents. Manage document pages, create and edit annotations, convert, merge and split files, create and process forms and much more. An especially important functionality: the creation of new documents and editing existing ones with the PDF editor. PDF/A-1, -2, -3 are supported as well.
- XPS functionality: processing of XPS documents. For the XPS format, there are many functions available as well: first of all, the conversion of XPS to PDF and vice versa. You can also change the document structure, render pages and much more.
- Viewer functionality: The viewer is a window or control (depending the development platform) that displays PDF, XPS or other documents and processes for end user activity (touchscreen, mouse and keyboard input). The viewer supports different layouts of displayed document, free zooming and several fit modes.Interactive tools for annotations and forms processing, page content editor tool are available as well.
Quick and clear: Look at the PDF Xpansion SDK presentation in video format or as a PDF file:
Key Features of PDF SDK
As an additional test of the PDF Xpansion SDK, you can try our Windows Store apps. Up to now, we can look back on more than 500,000 downloads for these apps. They have been developed completely with the PDF Xpansion SDK.
All PDF programs which can be bought in theOnline Shop were also completely developed with the PDF Xpansion SDK.