The Xpansion SDK 12
Support for E-Invoicing
The PDF Xpansion SDK provides a set of APIs that you can use to create high-performance PDF/XPS-able applications and/or software solutions. It gives you wide possibilities to create and edit PDF, PDF/A or XPS documents, display and print them, convert between these two formats, export or/and import to/from other file formats.
PDF Xpansion SDK 12 is the current version. It allows you to use PDF functionality in Windows desktop (PC) applications as well as in your Windows Store / Windows Phone Store apps.
PDF Xpansion SDK 11 is still available. You find information on this version on the corresponding page.
- Core Functions
- New in Version 12
- PDF Editor
- PDF Viewer
- Development Platforms
- SDK Structure
- Support of Windows 10 and of UWP (Universal Windows Platform) for applications for all Windows 10 devices
- ZUGFeRD API: comprehensive validation of incoming ZUGFeRD files (electronic invoices), read structured und unstructured invoice data, display and / or print PDF part of invoice in viewer, save outgoing invoices as ZUGFeRD compliant files (including conversion of visual part of invoice to PDF/A-3 format and invoice data to embedded XML attachment). Support of all ZUGFeRD profiles: Basic, Comfort, Extended.)
- Fully adequate Page Content Editor Tool in PDF viewer: enables end user to edit content of pages
- Conversion from/to several formats: XPS/OXPS, TXT, raster images, SVG, EMF, HTML, MathML, DOCX
- Support of nearly all world languages
- Display and process dynamic forms (XFA format) for applications created with C++ and .NET: preview in viewer (without filling possibility), printing.
- Usage of API for access to form data (read & fill)
1) New Complete Functionality:
- Conversion of SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) files to PDF
- Conversion of multipage TIFF files to PDF
- Enhanced support for pen in PDF Viewer: delete/eraser mode and capability to set pressure sensitivity added
- Support of bi-directional texts (including Arabic and Hebrew): search and export text, form fields in the viewer, etc.
- Complete API for COM platform (Embarcadero environment and OLE Automation languages)
- Improved Performance, bug fixing
2) New Functionality that is permanently enhanced further after the release of version 12:
- Conversion of Microsoft Word files to PDF, while the conversion does not require installation of Microsoft Office or of a virtual printer driver
- Conversion of HTML files and web pages to PDF
- Conversion of MathML files to PDF
- Create new page content in PDF-files
- Determine page content, texts, images or vectors for free editing
- Create and edit form fields
- Site Management: enlarge the site, rotate, add, delete etc.
- Split or merge documents, arrange the sites or the content
- Structuring of documents, levels, embedded files, meta data, tagged PDF, article (sections), portfolio
- Basic Functionality: render, display & print pages, zoom, navigation, display modes etc.
- Search in documents, including advanced search
- Links, bookmarks (table of contents, structure), named destinations
- Interactive end user tools, magnifier and snapshot; Tracker tool (including insertion of notes, stamps, water marks); rectangle tool (insertion of fields, hyperlinks etc.), text selection and text marking, text boxes, stylus, eraser, vector forms
- Management of PDF annotations
- Dynamic notes: text-mark up, annotations, stylus, forms
- Fill in and save forms
- Digital signatures: validate, sign, timestamp
- Text marks, notes, stamps, water marks
- Text box and marking, stylus, eraser, forms (lines, square, circle, etc.)
- Media- and 3D-annotations
- Forms and digital signatures
- Annexes as annotations, feedback & status displays for annotations
- Interactive tools to add all type of annotations
- Windows – applications and services written in C++ like the classic Windows x86/x64 programs
- DotNET – .NET Framework applications
- COM platform (Embarcadero environment and OLE Automation languages)
- UWP – applications for all Windows 10 devices
- Windows Store applications for Windows 8.1
Please read more about the system requirements for the applications developed with PDF Xpansion SDK.
- PDF functionality: creating and processing of PDF documents. Covert PDF documents from other formats, open, save, encode, and digitally sign PDF documents. Manage document pages, create and edit annotations, convert, merge and split files, create and process forms and much more. An especially important functionality: the creation of new documents and editing existing ones with the PDF editor. PDF/A-1, -2, -3 are supported as well.
- XPS functionality: processing of XPS documents. For the XPS format, there are many functions available as well: first of all, the conversion of XPS to PDF and vice versa. You can also change the document structure, render pages and much more.
- Viewer functionality: The viewer is a window or control (depending the development platform) that displays PDF, XPS or other documents and processes for end user activity (touchscreen, mouse and keyboard input). The viewer supports different layouts of displayed document, free zooming and several fit modes.Interactive tools for annotations and forms processing, page content editor tool are available as well.
In order to test the performance and functions of the PDF Xpansion SDK, you can download the current version of the SDK (trial license). This license allows the use of all SDK functions, but places a digital demo watermark on the document pages. Examples are offering u the opportunity to access into the program. Use the samples given in the SDK for a quick start or read the “Getting Started” chapter in the PDF Xpansion SDK Reference.
Please download the PDF Xpansion SDK Guide for more information about functionality, properties, license models and prices. Read more about the programming details in the programming reference included in the trial version .
Licensing Models, Prices
All licensing models are royalty free. The prices for the functions of the PDF Xpansion SDK that you need can also be seen in SDK Guide. Familiarize yourself with the types of licenses and license conditions. Describe your tasks as detailed as possible and we draw up a suitable SDK package for you. We create this package offer for free – there are no costs or obligations for you.
Perfect PDF®: Windows Store Apps
As an additional test of the PDF Xpansion SDK, you can try our Windows Store apps. Up to now, we can look back on more than 500,000 downloads for these apps. They have been developed completely with the PDF Xpansion SDK.