EU-compliant invoicing & extract invoice data
Perfect PDF® 12 enables embedding in a PDF/A-3 file in ZUGFeRD format based on an XML file that has already been created, thus enabling conversion between different XRechnung formats.
ZUGFeRD including version 2.2
Perfect PDF® 12 supports all five (from ZUGFeRD 2.2) or three (before ZUGFeRD version 2.2) defined profiles.
Perfect PDF® 12 supports all five profiles: EXTENDED, EN 16931, BASIC, BASIC WL and MINIMUM.
The E-Invoicing obligation in Germany is coming!
- Legal basis: Growth Opportunities Act
- Status: Legislative process still at the draft stage, i.e. changes to the content & deadlines mentioned below are possible, associations have submitted comments, readings in the Bundesrat have already taken place.
- Topic: E-Invoicing will only be mandatory between companies (B2B), exceptions to the obligation and transition periods provided for
- Publication of legal act: December 2023
- Date of entry into force (in the area of electronic invoicing): 1.1.2025
- Basic definition: From 2025, E-Invoices within the meaning of the law are only those that comply with EU standard EN 16931.
E-Invoice functionality in Perfect PDF® 12
Perfect PDF® 12 currently offers this functionality for processing electronic invoice formats:
- Load and view XML invoice
- Read ZUGFeRD files (PDF/A-3), display, extract, delete XML part
- Create ZUGFeRD files from existing simple PDFs and existing XRechnung invoices, including conversion to PDF/A-3
- Add, open, save and delete attachments to E-Invoices
- Display XRechnung data in two forms: as a PDF file (“in a human-readable form”, with a template prepared in the program) or as pure XML data (“in machine-readable form”)
- Print invoice data or save as PDF
- Convert E-Invoice data to another format (another standard)
Information sources (English)
Information sources (German)
XRechnung – XStandards Einkauf (xeinkauf.de)
What is ZUGFeRD | Forum elektronische Rechnung Deutschland (ferd-net.de)
Draft Growth Opportunities Act, topic of e-invoicing anchored in VAT regulations (section “Important printed matter”, see Articles 29 and 30): DIP – Gesetz zur Stärkung von Wachstumschancen, Investitionen und Innovation sowie Steuervereinfachung und Steuerfairness (Wachstumschancengesetz) (bundestag.de)