PDF Xpansion SDK 11
Support for E-Invoicing!
The PDF Xpansion SDK 11 provides a set of APIs that you can use to create high-performance PDF/XPS-able applications and/or software solutions. It gives you wide possibilities to create and edit PDF, PDF/A or XPS documents, display and print them, convert between these two formats, export or/and import to/from other file formats and other potential.
PDF Xpansion SDK 11 allows you to use PDF functionality in Windows desktop (PC) applications as well as in your Windows Store / Windows Phone Store apps.
PDF Xpansion SDK 10 is still available. You find information on this version here.
General Information about the PDF Xpansion SDK 11
- Support of Windows 10 and of UWP (Universal Windows Platform) for applications for all Windows 10 devices
- Page Content Editor Tool in PDF viewer: enables end user to edit content of pages
- API: comprehensive validation of incoming ZUGFeRD files (electronic invoices), read structured und unstructured invoice data, display and / or print PDF part of invoice in viewer, save outgoing invoices as ZUGFeRD compliant files (including conversion of visual part of invoice to PDF/A-3 format and invoice data to embedded XML attachment). Support of all ZUGFeRD profiles: Basic, Comfort, Extended.
- XMP API: processing metadata in PDFs (read, validate, edit), all standard PDF schemes are supported
- Display and process dynamic forms (XFA format) for applications created with C++ and .NET: preview in viewer (without filling possibility), printing, API for access to form data (read & fill)
This generation of the SDK provides four API sets with similar structure and functionality:
- Windows – applications and services written in C++ like the classic Windows x86/x64 programs
- DotNET – .NET Framework applications
- UWP – applications for all Windows 10 devices
- Windows Store applications for Windows 8.1
Please read more about the system requirements for the applications developed with PDF Xpansion SDK 11.
The PDF Xpansion SDK 11 functionality consists of four main parts:
- PDF functionality: creating and processing of PDF documents. Covert PDF documents from other formats, open, save, encode, digitally sign PDF documents. Manage document pages, create and edit annotations, convert, merge and split files, create and process forms and much more. An especially important functionality: the creation of new documents and editing existing ones with the PDF editor. PDF/A-1, -2, -3 are supported as well.
- XPS functionality: processing of XPS documents. For the XPS format, there are many functions available als well: first of all, the conversion of XPS to PDF and vice versa. You can also change the document structure, render pages and much more.
- Viewer functionality: The viewer is a window or control (depending the development platform) that displays PDF, XPS or other documents and processes for end user activity (touchscreen, mouse and keyboard input). The viewer supports different layouts of displayed document, free zooming and several fit modes. Interactive tools for annotations and forms processing, page content editor tool are available as well.
The PDF Xpansion SDK 11 enables you to implement all current PDF/A standards (1, 2 and 3) and all conformity levels (a,b, u) into your applications. In contrast to PDF/A-1, files that comply with the PDF/A-2 standard may use JPG2000 compression, transparencies and layers. And they are allowed to have PDF/A files embedded. On the other hand, the PDF/A-3 standard allows embedding files of any type, not just PDF/A files. This liberalization of the standard has several implications: for example, you may now enable the users of document archiving and DMS solutions to embed the source documents into the PDF/A archive files. PDF/A-3 files may be used to carry XML files which include the billing data for e-invoicing solutions. In this way, the PDF/A-3 file holds both a visual representation of the invoice (in the PDF part of the file), and a part that may be read and processed directly by e-billing/e-invoicing (ZUGFeRD) applications.
Number of supported languages: 60
In order to test the performance and functions of the PDF Xpansion SDK 11, you can download the current version of the SDK (trial license). This license allows the use of all SDK functions, but places a digital demo watermark on the document pages. Examples are offering u the opportunity to access into the programm. Use the samples given in the SDK for a quick start or read the “Getting Started” chapter in the PDF Xpansion SDK 11Reference.
Please download the PDF Xpansion SDK 11 Guide for more information about functionality, properties, license models and prices. Read more about the programming details in the programming reference included in the trial version .
Licensing Models, Prices
The prices for the functions of the PDF Xpansion SDK 11 that you need can also be seen in SDK Guide. Familiarize yourself with the types of licenses and license conditions. Describe your tasks as detailed as possible and we draw up a suitable SDK package for you. We create this package offer for free – there are no costs or obligations for you.
Perfect PDF®: Windows Store Apps
As an additional test of the PDF Xpansion SDK 11, you can try our Windows Store apps. Up to now, we can look back on more than 500,000 downloads for these apps. They have been developed completely with the PDF Xpansion SDK.